(Less Architectural Restrictions/Guidelines and Clubhouse Rules)
Note: Sunset Beach is governed by covenant restrictions contained in both the Sunset Beach and Southward governing documents, plus rules approved by the Sunset Beach Board of Directors.
• Trash Services. Trash containers may not be visible from the front or sides of the house, nor from the back of homes on lakes and golf courses. Refuse and recycle containers and yard waste can be placed curbside the evening before scheduled pick up, not before. Containers must be properly stored by the end of the pick-up day.
Note: To schedule bulk pickup, or for questions about recyclables and yard waste requirements, call WMS at 862-7141. Our schedule (excluding major holidays):
Sat. & Wed. – Trash pickup
Tues. – Yard Waste
Thurs. – Recyclables
Fri. – Bulk pickup (call first)
• Basketball Goals. No fixed basketball goal posts or hoops are allowed.
Note: Portable Basketball Goals have been deemed acceptable by the Sunset beach Board, providing that they are not placed on a common area street and are stored when not in use. Playing at night is not permitted.
• Contractors. A resident can clear a contractor to enter, however work can only be performed between 7:00am and 6:00pm Monday through Saturday (except in cases of emergencies). Additionally, no work can be performed on the Holidays listed below:
New Year’s Day Easter Memorial Day 4th of July
Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas
Exceptions will be allowed for emergency service, i.e.: utility repairs, HVAC repair, cable TV service, etc.
• Fishing. The Board has provided clarification that residents, and their guests (when accompanied by the owner), are permitted to fish in the pond from their residential lot or the common area. Sunset Beach practices “catch and Release”.
• Garage/Yard/Estate sales. Events of this type are not permitted due to limited parking and potential damage to irrigation systems.
• Nuisance Prohibited. No property owner will do or permit to be done any act upon his property which may be or may become a nuisance to any other property owner or resident. There shall be no discharging of firearms, guns or pistols, or any kind, caliber, type, or any method or propulsion, and no hunting of any type shall be carried on or conducted on any area of Sunset Beach.
• Open House. A for sale open house is only permitted on Sundays between the hours of 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM. Prior notification of Security is required.
• Pets. Only 2 animals may be kept or maintained on any part of the property. Only domestic dogs, or cats will be permitted, and then only as pets for the pleasure and use of the occupants but not for any commercial use or purpose. All pets must be kept under control at all times, and not be allowed to roam freely, or become a nuisance by barking or other acts.
Note: Pet waste must be removed and placed in a trash receptacle, and not thrown into planting area or the pond. If an animal becomes dangerous, a neighborhood nuisance, or destructive of wildlife, the Board can require the removal of the pet from the neighborhood.
• Rentals. Residential Units may be rented or leased only for continuous periods of time of not less than six (6) months each. Tenants of Residential Units must provide a copy of their current Lease Agreement to the Association Manager. Also, Residential Units may not be subsequently sublet by any renter or lessee thereof.
• Residential parking. The following rules will be strictly enforced:
– Parking on the grass is not permitted.
– Other than automobiles and motorcycles, no wheeled vehicles of any kind (motor homes, trailers, boats, riding lawnmowers, golf carts, etc.) can be parked on the driveway, front, side or rear yard area except for the purposes of loading and unloading (no overnight parking). Disabled, unlicensed or covered vehicles are permitted in garage parking only.
– Overnight parking on the street is not permitted.
• Signs. No sign shall be placed on any lot or parcel except real estate “For Sale” signs. Home located on the golf course or the water may have such sign in both the front and rear yards.
• Vehicle Speed Limits: The Sunset Beach Board has established the speed limit within Sunset Beach at 15 MPH.
• Yard Maintenance. No weeds, underbrush or other unsightly growth shall be permitted to grow or remain upon any part of a residents property and no refuse pile or unsightly objects shall be allowed to be placed or remain thereon, including vacant parcels.
Note: In addition, the Board has determined that planting areas adjoining storm drains are not permitted to be mulched with pine straw due to the potential for wash out into the storm drain after heavy rains. Also, residents are not permitted to plant vegetation on or around streetlight poles that could either cause damage, or interfere with light maintenance.
Change or Waiver of Covenants. A Covenant can only be added, changed, or waived through a formal majority approval vote of all parcel owners. Covenants may be supplemented by Rules and Regulations when passed by the Board of Directors of the Association, as long as they do not contradict.